* Provides information on support groups or online support groups for those who have lost a loved one to suicide. ?www.afsp.org/coping-with-suicide/find-support/find-a-support-group
* Increases awareness about prevention, warning signs and the psychiatric illnesses most often responsible for suicide. This vital information has been disseminated to community groups, educators, parents, students and concerned individuals.
* Reduces suicide rates through initiating and participating in projects to develop, implement and evaluate innovative approaches to suicide prevention.
* Works closely with support group facilitators, first responders, clergy members, mental health professionals and others in the community, to help survivors cope with their loss, their pain, their questions and their journey of healing.
* Alerts public officials, legislators and national and community leaders to important suicide research and prevention initiatives and is a strong advocate for the needs and goals of the survivor community.
This information is provided as a referral only, based on what has been collected for use by 2-1-1 Mid York, not as an endorsement, license or recommendation of a particular provider.Â The information contained is accurate to the best of our knowledge as of the updated date.